GREYSTONE Construction Manager provided scheduling, estimating and document control to the general contractor. The South Airfield Improvement project consisted of moving Runway 7R-25L approximately 55-feet south of its present location, and constructing a new parallel taxiway between the airport’s two south airfield runways.
The project included:
- Removing existing deteriorated concrete and asphalt runway pavement
- Constructing Portland Cement Concrete and asphalt pavement
- Installing airfield signage and lighting systems
- Airfield pavement markings and storm drains
- Improving related runway-taxiway intersections
- Installation of new runway navigational aids and making structural improvements to the Sepulveda Tunnel